Knee Physical Therapy
Excel Physical Therapy can provide knee pain relief through physical therapy, rehabilitation and knee strengthening exercises so you can return to your favorite activities as quickly as possible.
Physical Therapy For Knee: What to Expect
Our physical therapists are highly trained and board certified, with extensive experience related to knee physical therapy and pain reduction caused by these and other common knee problems:
- Ligament strains
- ACL tears
- Patellofemoral syndrome (pain under knee cap)
- Meniscus tears
- Limited motion, decreased strength and difficulty walking after knee replacement
Knee injuries occur more frequently than people think and can result in substantial knee pain. A knee injury may be caused by a number of factors like improper running, a lack of flexibility in the joint or muscle, or poor control with movement.
Knee physical therapy is right for you if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Lack of flexibility in the joint or muscle
- Decreased strength in quadriceps or hip muscles
- Excessive pronation at the feet
- Improper running or jumping styles
- Poor control of the hip and knee during movement
- Improper exercise performance
Excel Physical Therapy is here to help you with knee physical therapy and knee strengthening exercises. A physical therapist will work one-on-one with you to understand what’s causing your pain. We’ll perform a thorough evaluation, including a review of your medical history if necessary, so that we can best determine how to help you eliminate or reduce that pain.
When we recommend the best physical therapy program for your knee pain or injury, we’ll also be sure to include ways to prevent your injury or pain from returning. Our goal is to help you get stronger, recover faster, stay healthy!
Common treatments in knee physical therapy:
- Knee replacement rehab for increased range of motion and strength
- Knee strengthening exercise
- Physical therapy exercises for knee pain
- Knee injury physical therapy exercises
- Hip and core strengthening
Excel Physical Therapy programs are designed to:
- Increase strength and flexibility throughout the lower extremity.
- Improve balance and control of movement.
- Examine posture, gait, jumping and running styles to prevent future knee pain and injury.
- Develop custom arch supports (orthotics) if necessary to support or cushion the foot and ankle.
- Regain motion, strength and walking ability after knee replacement.
Tips for healthy knees
Some knee problems can be avoided. Here are a few things you can do to keep your knees healthy and to prevent future knee pain and injury:
- Warm up properly before exercising and stretch regularly
- Wear proper footwear with adequate support
- Maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle
- Keep knee and hip muscles strong
Schedule a full appointment or call Excel Physical Therapy at 920-233-8739 for a free consultation to discuss your pain.