Neck Physical Therapy
Excel Physical Therapy’s neck physical therapy programs can help with neck pain relief so you can resume daily activities without discomfort.
Our team provides advanced physical therapy for neck pain in the Oshkosh area. Voted as Best of Winnebago County for Physical Therapy by the Oshkosh Northwestern, our neck therapists specialize in finding the root cause of your neck pain and alleviating discomfort.
What Helps Neck Pain
You’ve probably heard the expression about something being a pain in the neck. But pain in the head and neck is no laughing matter. Even mild problems can cause severe pain when you engage in simple activities because the neck is more susceptible to strains due to its wide range of mobility.
Excel Physical Therapy can help resolve your neck pain through:
- Physical therapy for after neck surgery
- Physical therapy exercises for neck pain
- Decompression therapy
- Increased strength and range of motion from whiplash or other injuries
- Manipulation and mobilization of the neck and back
We understand that everyone’s pain and need is unique. It’s our goal to reduce your pain and other symptoms as quickly as possible but also – and most importantly – identify and eliminate the underlying cause of your pain to get you active again.
We’ll develop a customized course of neck physical therapy pain or neck pain exercises that will reduce or eliminate the pain and the cause, and we’ll offer tips for strength and flexibility to keep that pain from coming back.
In addition to neck physical therapy, what helps neck pain may include the following:
- Get plenty of rest and maintain overall good health habits
- Exercise regularly to improve strength and endurance of neck and shoulder muscles
- Take breaks to rest your eyes and neck while working on the computer
- Try to keep the neck in a relatively straight and natural position while sleeping
Consider neck physical therapy if you have any of the following:
- Disk degeneration or herniation
- Arthritis or bone spurs
- Excessive or limited mobility of vertebrae
- Muscle tightness
- Neck sprains or strains (whiplash)
- Tightness, weakness or pain in the shoulder
- Poor strength or endurance in neck muscles
- Imbalance of muscle function
- Muscle tightness
- Poor posture
- Prolonged periods of sitting or computer use
- Prolonged or repeated overhead work
Headaches caused by neck pain
It’s one thing to have a headache every now and then, but ongoing and persistent headaches might be the result of muscular and skeletal problems. If you are experiencing prolonged headaches, we encourage you to get evaluated by a health care professional. Factors that contribute to headaches include:
- Muscular and skeletal problems
- Changes in blood flow in and around the brain
- Neck dysfunction or tightness
- Temporomandibular Joint dysfunction (TMJ)
- Jaw problems
- Teeth clenching
- Eye strain
- Oral infections or severe tooth decay
- Vertigo and dizziness
- Restricted or excessive motion (particularly at first and second vertebrae)
- Muscle tension
- Rotator cuff and shoulder injury
- Poor posture
With proper treatment, including a visit to Excel Physical Therapy, you can reduce or relieve the pain and discomfort from headaches and neck pain, giving you the opportunity to enjoy life to the fullest.
Want to learn more? Check out our frequently asked questions about neck physical therapy.
Schedule a full appointment or call Excel Physical Therapy at 920-233-8739 for a free consultation to discuss your pain.